Forum Discussion

Thehound
Level 3
10 years ago

EV Version mix up - which is correct

Hello All,   I'm starting on a project to upgrade an EV8 installation to EV11. Before I start in earnest on the live setup I have been given a test domain to play with, this was the original sy...
    10 years ago

Thanks Ben, thats useful information, my problem is that I am supposed to use this environment to test the upgrade from 8 to 9 and base the upgrade of the live system on this. Basically have a practice attempt before touching the live stuff.

However as someone appears to have already had a crack at this I no longer have a test 8 system to upgrade and mess around with.

Management want this step to occur before they are confident enough to sign off the upgrade. So I am back to having to install 8 and pretty much start again - I can find no information about going backwards 9 to 8 and I presume this is because :

A. It is crazy.

B. There would be all manner of changes to the database schema which would be tricky to revert without a lot of work.

So it will be a weekend of installing and configuring, then do the upgrade and demonstrate that yes indeed it does work and finally sometime next week move on to the next stage and see what problems arise at that point.

Thanks all for your help.