Forum Discussion

14 years ago

EVault is archiving message, but not their attachments?

I have a user with a HUGE exchange mailbox. Upon investigation, it looks like messages with large attachments are being archived successfully, but the attachments themselves are not? Instead of the text snip at the bottom of the message like this:
<<
image001.gif (4.5KB)

(4.5KB)
>>

the attachments are still fully visible in the header of the message when viewing the preview pane. How can I force EV to archive these huge attachments?

My "maximum message size to archive" is 250MB -- these messages are well below that limit (more like 20-40MB each).

thanks,
  • Okay rather than doing it here then .. it might be best to work with Support directly, then you're covered in terms of confidentiality and it's also "not public" like the forums.

Anything more that I can help with though, please let me know (but for this issue, it seems the next steps are to take out some sample messages, and see what happens)

12 Replies

• There are hundreds of thousands of messages archived correctly, with and without attachments. There is one simple policy that affects all mailboxes.

The affected messages (the ones I checked at least) are not signed, encrypted or password protected. I have seen PDF files, XLS and plain text.

The shortcut policy is

'message body'

'include recipient info'

when opened show contents

all other options are greyed out when you select message body type..

If I simply created another message with an attachment, it will probably archive as expected.

As I need to take a 'live' email I cannot do this without the customers approval. They are aware of this thread, and will likely pick up on it next week.

James

• Okay rather than doing it here then .. it might be best to work with Support directly, then you're covered in terms of confidentiality and it's also "not public" like the forums.

Anything more that I can help with though, please let me know (but for this issue, it seems the next steps are to take out some sample messages, and see what happens)