Forum Discussion

11 years ago

EVOM - Installation/Configuration

Hi All,

I am trying to install and configure EVOM in my environment; as per the recommendation I have installed the EVOM component in one of my EV server, and it is running ad working fine.

Now my question is what will happen if I try to install and configure EVOM in one of the other server in the same site? - Pros and cons

Is there any tech note that can help me to understand the process better?

Thank You

• Hello,

There is nothing stopping you from installing EVOM on another server. EVOM gets its info from SQL, so it does not really matter where you open the page from.

I have (as example) EVOM on at least 2 servers (one on prod and one on a DR server), and use either to show me the page.

I am not sure there is a KB article on that.

2 Replies

• Hello,

There is nothing stopping you from installing EVOM on another server. EVOM gets its info from SQL, so it does not really matter where you open the page from.

I have (as example) EVOM on at least 2 servers (one on prod and one on a DR server), and use either to show me the page.

I am not sure there is a KB article on that.

• there's EVOM.chm that comes with your EV installation media if you're looking for documentation. you can install EVOM on as many of your EV servers as you want. i dont see the need but if you wanted to do it, shouldn't be anything to worry about.