Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Export Archive to PST using Export Wizard from VAC

Greetings Guys,

I've few questions with respect to Export Archive to PST.

1. Can we use EVPM to export archive into PST? if yes the what is the script

2. If we use the Export Archive Wizard then how many simultaneous mailboxes can be exported.

Or any other method is Welcome

Cheers !!!!!!

• Yeppers like Tony says.. if you want to export many 'at once' then start multiple export archive sessions, but to be honest I just usually grab 50-100 archives and then 'set it and forget it'.

7 Replies

• No EVPM can only be used to _import_ PST files.

I believe they're processed serially.

• You can run multiple sessions of the Export Wizard.  The number of sessions will depend on your server but what you could do is start a couple and then monitor the CPU and Memory resources to make sure you aren't max'ing out the server.

• Yeppers like Tony says.. if you want to export many 'at once' then start multiple export archive sessions, but to be honest I just usually grab 50-100 archives and then 'set it and forget it'.

• Glad to help - remember to mark one or more of the posts as the solution if you feel they helped you.

• BTW: I did some testing and found that few items failed to export. Question: 1. Is there a way to export the missing item ? 2. Can we find which email was missing.? Regards, Gurmeet Kohli
  • Personally I *thought* it was logged in the event log.. i.e more information about a failed item. If it was then you could/should use EVSVR to dump out that single item.. and if that fails to extract it too, then you should discuss that with Symantec Support.