Forum Discussion

nelement
Level 2
6 years ago

FSAUtility -b stuck on "Processing File List .. 16%"

FSAUtility -b stuck on "Processing File List .. 16%"

I can't seem to find what the error is. So far nothing I have looked at in logs has been helpful. 

6 Replies

• Hi nelement,

The FSAUtility process builds the list and hands it off to EvFileSvrArcMngr process on the EV server.  You could run a Dtrace on these to see if there is any activity.  https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100038975.html

Also, the FSAUitility report file found under the install_path\Enterprise Vault\Reports\FSAUtility folder will show a report for the command. If this shows Already queued then it may be an issue with the EV Storage Service, which will probably require a restart.  You will need to re-run the FSAUtility command after the restart. 

Regards,

Patrick 

nelement
      Level 2

dtrace showed zero activity and the fsautility report had no entries other than the source. I had restarted the server previously. I have the service a restart and am re-running the utility. seems to be doing something now

plaudone1
        Level 6

Thank you for the update. You should see CPU activity in both of those processes on the EV server and this could be used to verify it is still processing.  Dtrace could also be run to verify. 

Regards,

Patrick