Forum Discussion

14 years ago

How to cancel Move Archive at Step 2 of 5?

I'm on EV 9.0.1 with Windows 2008 R2.  I started to do a Move Archive for a disabled Vault user.  It's been sitting at "Step 2 of 5 - Waiting to update shortcuts" this whole week.  Per tech article 37721, "Shortcut processing for disabled archives occurs only when you run the mailbox archiving task for all mailboxes.".  Well, I've had my archiving tasks run all weeks, but I have a staggered schedule.  For example, Exchange server 1 archives at 6PM and Exchange server 2 archives at 8PM.

Now I'm told the user has left the company and they want me to delete her Vault.  Well, I now have two copies of her Vault and I can't seem to cancel out of step 2 of the Move Archive status.  I'd like to cancel it or just let it finish just so I can move on and delete the Vault.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

• I believe I figured it out.  Another admin disabled the AD account.  Once I enabled it and ran the Archiving Task for that user, I saw the Move Status jump to Step 5.  I'm all good.  Thanks

6 Replies

• you should just be able to right click the user in question and then hit cancel or press the Red X button to delete them, and then delete both vaults

And for what its worth, if you get in to that situation again, what i would suggest is just doing a Run Now and put it in to Shortcut Processing Only on the new users target mailbox task

i.e. if you are moving from Exchange A to Exchange B, when it hits Step 2 of 5, go to Exchange B task, right click, run now, choose shortcut processing only and let it run.

The wait for about 30 mins for the task to resume the move (the task will check every 30 minutes to see if the shortcut updates have been done or not)

• Everything is grayed out except for Properties, Refresh, and Help.  I was able to Delete another Move Task, so I know it works.  I've rebooted the entire Vault server to no avail.  Any other suggestions?

• You logged in as the EV Admin or some one that has Roles Based Administration Rights?

Also what state is the Move Archive Task set as?
    When you right click the user being moved in the move archive task dialog, is everything grayed out there too?

• Yes, I'm logged in as the EV Admin.  The Move Archive Task is set to Processing (Status) and Automatic (Startup Type).   Yes, it is also grayed out if I right click or the toolbar.

I've even enabled the user for Vault again, and ran the Archving Task for her in Shortcut processing Run mode, but it's still stuck there.

• I believe I figured it out.  Another admin disabled the AD account.  Once I enabled it and ran the Archiving Task for that user, I saw the Move Status jump to Step 5.  I'm all good.  Thanks