Forum Discussion

15 years ago

How to increase size of MSMQ drive

Hii All,

I have installed EV 8.0 SP2 with Microsoft Cluster on Windows Server 2008 for 4000 users.
I have used MSMQ drive on SAN storage.
But unfortunatly I gave only 1 GB space for MSMQ drive which using on EV cluster, now it's creating problem for me.

Can someone advise me that how can we increase the size of the MSMQ drive in cluster envionment ?

or

If I'll increase the size of LUN which is using for MSMQ in EV cluster, then I also need to make other changes in EV configuration.

Please advise....

Thanks in Advance

Deepak
  • http://blogs.msdn.com/johnbreakwell/archive/2009/10/20/setting-storage-quotas-for-multiple-instances-of-msmq-on-a-cluster.aspx

Method 3: Set up a computer quota on a computer that has the Message Queuing resource installed in Workgroup mode and that is not integrated with Active Directory

To set up a computer quota on a computer that has the Message Queuing resource installed in Workgroup mode and that is not integrated with Active Directory, follow these steps:

Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters\MachineCache\MachineQuota
    3. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
    4. Type amount of space, and then press ENTER. You must specify the amount of space in kilobytes.

Note You must restart the Message Queuing resource for these changes to take effect.

12 Replies

• Hi All,

I gone through the Previus comment on registry change required but this is for windows 2003 server. and we have Windows 2008 SCC clusrer and we need to change LUN size of MSMQ which is posted by Mr. Deepak requirement.

Please help us for Windows 2008 MSMQ storage size change for EV 8.0 SP2 on cluster mode.

Thanks

Saurabh