Forum Discussion

13 years ago

How to make the Exchange Mailbox archive runs daily automatically ?

Hi All, I'd like to know if this is according to the best practice to do the Mailbox archive everyday ? Because my manager would like to archive all things as much as possible of all email that i...
    13 years ago

Dushan,
    Depending on how your exchange is set up and the journal mailboxes you are targeting, it could be every single email in and out of your companies exchange servers, meaning every sent and received email is archived.

If you have this set up, this means that you have full compliance, and when you archive mailboxes, it just means you are archiving items that have already been archived via journaling, most companies that have journaling + mailbox archiving use Journaling for compliance and mailbox archiving for Exchange mailbox management.

For instance you could have a mailbox quota of 200mb but with archiving you could have gigabytes of email that users can access, without having the end users push them to PST files.

And then with journaling, because you are archiving literally every single email in and out, you are only searching a handful of journal archives, as opposed to potentially hundreds of thousands of user archives, making searches simpler and quicker