Forum Discussion

ph1llies05
Level 4
11 years ago

Migrating journaled data from Evault

Good morning All,

Does anyone have any experience or had to assist with migrating evault journaled data to another solution or application (Any application).  I asked a question pertaining to this a few months back and received some good information about using a third-party tool to perform this type of migration.  I'm just wondering has anyone successfully accomplished this task.  Thanks.

• i've personally migrated archived data (from other systems to EV and from EV to EV) more times than i can keep track of. it is essential to use a 3rd party tool in order to recreate the journal envelopes and preserve the integrity of the data.

on that note, i'd like to point out that archive migrations are not a trivial undertaking – they are highly complex and require the knowledge and experience of a partner to see it through to successful completion.

5 Replies

• Thanks for the response Andrew,

That's what I'm trying to get some people in my organization to understand and it isn't as simple as exporting the journaled data to a PST.  If you don't mind me asking, what tool have you used to perform this task?  Someone mentioned ArchiveShuttle as being a good solution.

• i've personally migrated archived data (from other systems to EV and from EV to EV) more times than i can keep track of. it is essential to use a 3rd party tool in order to recreate the journal envelopes and preserve the integrity of the data.

on that note, i'd like to point out that archive migrations are not a trivial undertaking – they are highly complex and require the knowledge and experience of a partner to see it through to successful completion.

• ArchiveShuttle is a good product as well.  smiley

It would be worth your time to take a look at your options and go with the product that you feel best fits your needs.