Forum Discussion

ianG
Level 5
15 years ago

Monitoring Web App (EVOM) minimum permissions

Hi folks

Following an EV 7.0sp3 -> EV 8.0 Sp4 upgrade, the account we used to log into the Monitoring Web App (EV Operations Manager) has somehow lost permissions to do so, and we just get a webpage telling us:

The account you are using does not have permission to access this page in Enterprise Vault Operations Manager. The user account must be assigned an approiate administrator role.

As security is not terribly high surrounding this account (its just a local account of the EVOM server itself, with a fairly poor password), we're looking at what would be the safest way to give back its previous permissions. Had a search around this, and initially it looks like this account will need to be made a 'power user' via authorization manager to get back the view in the dashboard..? which surely cant be right..

Does anyone know the exact role/definition that this account needs to be able to view basic info? Bare minimum permissions indeally
  • Thanks Chris - ran the config tool a couple of times alright - no joy

Thanks for that link GertjanA - guided me well :) Armed with that, I went through and made a new role for the EVOM account. Added all operations initially, and have gone through now and trimmed back its permissions to what I believe is the bare minimum

For our environment (we archive exchange mail/public folders, FSA and sharepoint) this is now:

Can administer EV Operations Manager
    Can manage EV Exchange Mailbox tasks
    Can manage EV Exchange Public Folders
    Can manage EV Indexing services
    Can manage EV PST tasks
    Can manage EV services
    Can manage EV SharePoint services
    Can manage EV SharePoint tasks
    Can manage EV Shopping services
    Can manage EV Storage services
    Can manage EV Task Controller services
    Can manage EV tasks
    Can manage FSA tasks

Didnt add 'Can manage EV Operations Manager', as this adds the 'configuration' option to the homepage of EVOM - something this account wouldnt need

4 Replies

• Hi,

Have you tried running the Enterprise Vault Operations Manager configuration wizard again and putting in the settings for the account?

Regards,

Chris
  • Thanks Chris - ran the config tool a couple of times alright - no joy

Thanks for that link GertjanA - guided me well :) Armed with that, I went through and made a new role for the EVOM account. Added all operations initially, and have gone through now and trimmed back its permissions to what I believe is the bare minimum

For our environment (we archive exchange mail/public folders, FSA and sharepoint) this is now:

Can administer EV Operations Manager
    Can manage EV Exchange Mailbox tasks
    Can manage EV Exchange Public Folders
    Can manage EV Indexing services
    Can manage EV PST tasks
    Can manage EV services
    Can manage EV SharePoint services
    Can manage EV SharePoint tasks
    Can manage EV Shopping services
    Can manage EV Storage services
    Can manage EV Task Controller services
    Can manage EV tasks
    Can manage FSA tasks

Didnt add 'Can manage EV Operations Manager', as this adds the 'configuration' option to the homepage of EVOM - something this account wouldnt need