Forum Discussion

evinfo
Level 4
13 years ago

Moving Enterprise Vault Home to Different Drive

All - we have a scenario where a client wants to move the Enterprise Vault Home directory from the C: drive to D:\ drive. I'm trying to look for a technote but I cannot find one. Is the only way to proceed is to complete uninstall and reinstall to the D:\ drive. Is there another option as this would be significant because we would have to put back all of the registry keys and custom scripts, etc...

6 Replies

• export the KVS hive and copy the Enterprise Vault directory. once you're done reinstalling import the reg and copy the EV dir over the new location where you installed it.

• If you have free hardware i would suggest you to migrate the server to other server with having the directory on D drive. In this methode you can just reduce the downtime when compare to re-installing.

• Andrew - So when you say copy the EV directory, are you talking about copying the entire $EVHome and all subdirectories? I guess that way we wouldn't miss any configuration files and/or any other custom scripts.

• by EV directory i mean the folder there EV is installed and all the subfolders. for example, "c:\program files (x86)\Enterprise Vault"