Forum Discussion

speedye1
Level 3
15 years ago

owauser.wsf fails on ExchangeServers.txt file

I am trying to run owauser.wsf on my EV server (2008 x64) and it get's past assigning user right and then I get ERROR: ExchangeServers file does not exist. Please create the file and re-run this script. I an running cmd as administrator and have a ExchangeServer.txt file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault with a single ip address for my Exchange 2003 server. Is there a issue running this on x64 install with the x86 folder, maybe the script isn't checking the location it is being run from?
  • Have you tried to run cmd as administrator in 64-bit mode or 32-bit mode (%windir%\SysWoW64\cmd.exe)?
    Another thing I would double check is if the file name is ExchangeServers.txt NOT ExchangeServers.txt.txt if Windows is hiding "known extensions".

4 Replies

• Is it called ExchangeServer.txt or ExchangeServers.txt?

It needs to be ExchangeServers.txt

• Have you tried to run cmd as administrator in 64-bit mode or 32-bit mode (%windir%\SysWoW64\cmd.exe)?
    Another thing I would double check is if the file name is ExchangeServers.txt NOT ExchangeServers.txt.txt if Windows is hiding "known extensions".
  • Always a stupid mistake, thought I had file extensions always showing. Easy fix, thanks Frank.