Forum Discussion

FreKac2
Level 6
13 years ago

Client PST Migration, HasPstChunkMigrated issue

Hi all, Got lots of client driven migration users that either get the usuall HasPstChunkMigrated error (in the file properties in the PST file list) or Unspecified Error in the file properties but ...
    13 years ago

This is what I got from Support to try. I've followed these steps and was able to get things going again. I have about 10 PSTs to run through so I will let it run over night and let you all know if this worked.

1. Stop the PST Migrator Task

2. Open the SQL Enterprise Manager - Databases - EnterpriseVaultDirectory - Tables - PSTFile table. Take a note of the PSTFileEntryID and PSTFileIdentity of the PST file.

3. Open PSTMigrationHistory table, and delete the row(s) with the same PSTFileEntryID.

4. Delete chunks associated to the PST file in both PST holding folder (this is specified in the EV site properties under the General tab) and the Temp folder (this is in the properties of PST Migrator Task, under Settings tab). The file name is in the following format:
    pst<PSTFileIdentity>_<chunk number>.db.

5. Go back to the PSTFile table and delete the entry for the file.

6. Open Enterprise Vault Administration console, and under Personal Store Management delete the file.

7. Start the PST Migrator task

8. On the client machine, open the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client LastPSTSearch value and delete this value.

UPDATE: The steps above worked. I was able to get the PST migration to start up again without any errors. The only caveat is that it starts over at the beginning and not where it left off.

One other note: Before starting the migration again, run scanpst.exe against the problem files to verify that they are not corrupt and fix any issues. I did all this and the problem has not come back.