Forum Discussion

Anna_Bool
Level 4
10 years ago

Retantion Based on Subject ot Sender

Hello,

Does anybody familiar with an ability of Enterprise Vault to archive and retain items based on the subject or the "from" parameters of the item?

i have a customer the doesn't want to archive messages from a particular sender/s

the EV version is 11.

Thanks a lot

Anna Bool

• You can use custom filtering to do that. I wrote an article about it some time ago and posted it on the Connect Forums (under articles).  You can do it with journaling and mailbox archiving if I remember correctly.  Or you can do this on the Exchange journal side of things.

3 Replies

• You can use custom filtering to do that. I wrote an article about it some time ago and posted it on the Connect Forums (under articles).  You can do it with journaling and mailbox archiving if I remember correctly.  Or you can do this on the Exchange journal side of things.

• I think I found it:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/custom-filtering-enterprise-vault

Never stop learning from you!! Thank you

Also found the chapter in Setting Up Exchange Server Archiving document. I think i will have a lot of fun with this faeture :)

Just out of curiosity - can it be applied also for PST archiving?

• No, I don't think so. PST FlightDeck might be able to do that -- I've not checked on it in a while :)