Forum Discussion

Choucroute
Level 3
6 years ago

SMTP archives permission

Hi!

Is there a way to give specific permissions on all SMTP archives at once to a particular user?
I know there's EVPM for Exchange and Domino archives, and I need the same for SMTP.
Doing archives one by one takes ages.

Thanks a lot!

5 Replies

• Hello,

Which EV Version. I know in 12 there is a powershell cmdlet which let you do that: Set-EVArchivePermission

Choucroute
      Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for your answer Gertjan. Our EV version is 12.3.2.

I read about the Set-EVArchivePermission cmdlet, however, I need to specify a particular archiveID name each time.

Syntax

Set-EVArchivePermission [-ArchiveId] <String> [-Trustee] <String> [-Grant <AccessRight[]> {Read | Write | Delete | All}] [-Deny <AccessRight[]> {Read | Write | Delete | All}] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm] [<CommonParameters>]

Is there a way to select all archives at once?

Thanks.

Best regards.

GertjanA

Hello again,

You could perhaps use the pipe command:

get-evarchive | Set-EVArchivePermission -Trustee DOMAIN\ACCOUNT -Grant Read -Confirm:$false

HOWEVER!

that will do it for all archives, and you stated you need this for the SMTP archives only. There is an object called ArchiveType, which is ARCHIVE_TYPE_SMTP, but I am not sure how that would work. Maybe you can first get all archiveid's from the get-archive, then put the smtp id's in a list, the have set-evarchivepermission loop through that list. I am however not sure how to do that :-)