Forum Discussion

11 years ago

SQL Script to perform FSA item location in the File Server

Hi People,

Does anyone here got the SQL Script for the EV to show where are those file that was archived by EV in the file server ?

I need to restore all files that archived within a specific timerange. Unfortunately the FSA Utility cannot do it since I cannot find the parameters.

Thanks

• Hi John,

This script should list out all the paths for items archived between two dates:

CREATE TABLE #tmp

(

Id VARCHAR(127)

)

insert into #tmp (Id)

(

SELECT DISTINCT [ArchivePointId]

FROM [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset]

inner join

[EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[ArchivePoint]

on

[EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivePointIdentity = [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[ArchivePoint].ArchivePointIdentity

where [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivedDate > '2014-03-17 12:34:00.000' AND [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivedDate < '2014-03-17 12:39:00.000'

)

select FolderPath from #tmp as t

inner join

[EnterpriseVaultDirectory].[dbo].[ArchiveFolderView] as AFV on t.Id =  AFV.ArchiveVEID

drop table #tmp

I use the full 'path' to my vault store so that I can get acess to the vault store database and the directory from the same query.

My test Vault Store database is: 

[EVVSooVSoo_1]

Hope it helps  

5 Replies

• Thank you Hano !

so yes It was good to know that such script is available :-)

In regards of the mass file restore, have you tried any odf those suggested methods ?

• Hi John,

The mass recall is possible, and this post details the steps:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/restore-all-files-enterprise-vault-fsa

Cheers,

Hano

• Thanks man, I'll try that when I'm in the office tomorrow.

So once I get that result I should then be able to find some wayto double click or perform "mass" recall of those placeholder back to the file server.

Is that possible do you reckon ?

• Hi John,

CREATE TABLE #tmp

(

Id VARCHAR(127)

)

insert into #tmp (Id)

(

inner join

on

[EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivePointIdentity = [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[ArchivePoint].ArchivePointIdentity

where [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivedDate > '2014-03-17 12:34:00.000' AND [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivedDate < '2014-03-17 12:39:00.000'

)

inner join

[EnterpriseVaultDirectory].[dbo].[ArchiveFolderView] as AFV on t.Id =  AFV.ArchiveVEID

drop table #tmp

I use the full 'path' to my vault store so that I can get acess to the vault store database and the directory from the same query.

[EVVSooVSoo_1]

Hope it helps  

priyajay
      Level 2

Thank you so much for saving my day. Can you help to modify the script to get results of the file shares that were archived from a specific File share please.

Cheers 

Priya

HanoBotha wrote:

Hi John,

CREATE TABLE #tmp

(

Id VARCHAR(127)

)

insert into #tmp (Id)

(

inner join

on

)

inner join

drop table #tmp

[EVVSooVSoo_1]

Hope it helps