Forum Discussion

16 years ago

TCP ports

Hi, I know the TCP ports used by EV are as follows..

port 80/443, 135, 1825.

But during 'Store in Vault' and 'Restore from Vault' operations, there are another 2 ports which are used. And it seems that these 2 ports changes everytime the EV server is restarted. This caused a problem on the ports restriction on our firewall to control remote access via SSLVPN and also Cisco VPN.

Can I know how to set these 2 ports to be permanent, and not change when the EV server is restarted?

Thank you.

10 Replies

• I guess the way to fix the 2 ports is very similar to how we can fix the ports on Exchange 2003.
  • Hi

EV is using DCOM to do this and I believe there are registry keys you can use to control the ports used.

Not sure if the EV docs cover this but I seem to remember Microsoft docs on the subject.

• Hi, thanks. Does anyone know where are the registry key(s)? I can't find it any where and it is not stated on the admin guide.
  • There are a wide-range of ports that are used in a network environment, but some are server <-> server (EV - Exchange - SQL) and others are client based.

The Admin guide has a list of th TCP ports EV typically uses -- have you had a chance to check that?

We have a paper on EV in Secure Networks, I'll see if we can quickly get it up to our Blog for all to review.

FYI, I use a Cisco VPN from my home in Sydney to our EV server in Reading UK just fine :)

• Thank you. can I have the URL of the Blog which you have mentioned?

Don't you restrict TCP ports on the firewall?

I still need to know and fix the ports on our firewall.

• Hi, i run into the same problem. If a VPN client tries to restore a mail from the fault radomly ports are used. So this is not a professional solution for a firewall protected network.

Is there a way to get these ports fixed ?

Please let me know.

Cheers

Holger