Forum Discussion

Larry-GWCC
Level 2
12 years ago

Unity Connections and Journaling

We have Enterprise Vault journalling enabled for all messages coming into our message store.  We also have Cisco Unity 5.x installed in a Unified Messaging environment.  All Voicemails left in Unity are stored on our Exchange 2010 server and when the storage happens, I see the message also placed in the Journal mailbox.  This is working as we like and have no problems with it.  The problem now is that we are moving from Unity to Unity Connections 8.6.  Unity Connections does not store the messages in the same manner as Unity.  From what I can tell, Unity Connections copies the message into the mailstore instead of sending it as a SMTP messge.  When the copy happens, we do not see the message in the Journal mailbox. 

What can I do to get the messages into the journal inbox?

• So which mailbox does it drop the messages into? Maybe you could create a rule in outlook to forward a copy to the journal mailbox, or setup an alternate recipient in Exchange to be the journal mailbox.

3 Replies

• So which mailbox does it drop the messages into? Maybe you could create a rule in outlook to forward a copy to the journal mailbox, or setup an alternate recipient in Exchange to be the journal mailbox.
  • The voicemail will drop into the end user's mailbox.  I will have to look into setting up an alternate recipient and see what that does.

• Doubt that will work then, because that will mean every mail sent to that user will get sent to the alternate recipient. Plus it only works if the mail is sent to the user.. If it is just dropped in using MAPI then it would not get sent to the alternate recipient. I suggest you go back to the vendor and ask them Your only in product way would be regular mailbox archiving, but a user could delete it before it is archived.