Forum Discussion

12 years ago

What is the best way to export bulk mailboxes out from EV ?

Hi,

I'm on EV 8.0 SP4 and some of my division in the company has been acquired by another company thus leaving us soon.

What is the best way to export 150+ Enterprise Vault mailboxes out from the multiple Vaults (some are opened and some are closed).

• well, not 1 by 1...

If you set an attribute on the accounts, you can search on that attribute when exporting.

We used the State field, but you can also use Department or something you currently not use. Rightclick Archives in the VAC, select Export, To PST, you then get the dropdown and can see what you can use.

If you have 1 EV-server, it is simply setting a value like EXPORT.

Then select that field, fill in Export, select all, and export.

If you have mulitple EV servers, and the archives are on different servers, make the field look like EXPORTEVSRV01, EXPORTEVSRV02 etc. You can then export on mulitple servers at the time.

I have done 380 archives like this, took me a week.

Before you begin, you should define if the mailboxes need to be archived completely, or that you disable them for archiving, and then export the mailbox too. For archiving completely, check the QuadroTech site for the Archive Leavers tool... :-)

5 Replies

• At present , i beleive bulk export is not supported , you can export archive to PSt using browser search or the export wizard in VAC

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH54281

you may try using the 3rd party tool called archvie shuttle and see if that helps 

http://www.evtools.net/10.html Note : I have not personally used the tool .

not sure if this would be useful 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH90127

• oh no :-\ that means I will have to perform manual export one by one for those 150 users into PST using the Export to PST Option ?

• well, not 1 by 1...

If you set an attribute on the accounts, you can search on that attribute when exporting.

We used the State field, but you can also use Department or something you currently not use. Rightclick Archives in the VAC, select Export, To PST, you then get the dropdown and can see what you can use.

If you have 1 EV-server, it is simply setting a value like EXPORT.

Then select that field, fill in Export, select all, and export.

If you have mulitple EV servers, and the archives are on different servers, make the field look like EXPORTEVSRV01, EXPORTEVSRV02 etc. You can then export on mulitple servers at the time.

I have done 380 archives like this, took me a week.

Before you begin, you should define if the mailboxes need to be archived completely, or that you disable them for archiving, and then export the mailbox too. For archiving completely, check the QuadroTech site for the Archive Leavers tool... :-)

• Many thanks Gertjan,

that does make sense, I only have 1 EV Server version 8.0 SP4

Exporting to PST is great so that the users can just grab their own PST files to be attached to their Outlook.