Forum Discussion

stucci
Level 6
8 years ago

Appliance 5230 and password

Hello, I am confuse for password management. For security reason we must change all the password of our NBU 5230 Appliance. I read a lot of documentation, and I try to sume: user: admin (used for w...
    8 years ago

When you initially configured the appliance and created a MSDP disk pool, the root password was set automatically. Current password can be shown in CLISH: Appliance -> ShowDedupPassword.

Unless something has dramatically changed recently, it is troublesome to change this one, once set. If you must change it, contact Veritas support for guidenance.

/A

AAlmroth
    8 years ago

Hi,

For the elevate part, you also need to change password for the user maintenance. User admin and maintenance is two different accounts, thus the old password remains when you try to go into maintenance mode.

/A

Marianne
    8 years ago

Have you ever considered to look in the NetBackup 52xx and 5330 Appliance Security Guide for answers? 

I see this in the pdf:

Note: To increase the security of your appliance environment, Veritas recommends that you change the default admin and maintenance account passwords upon initial login to the appliance. You can use the Settings > Password page from the NetBackup Appliance Web Console or the Settings > Password command from the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu to change the password.

Warning: The NetBackup appliance does not support setting the Maintenance account password using commands like yppasswd root or passwd root. A password that is set in this fashion is overwritten once the system is upgraded. You should use the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu to change the Maintenance account password.