Forum Discussion

joonkoki
Level 4
2 years ago

NetBackup Storage Space Full issue

hello I have configured NetBackup AIR. DR NetBackup was forced to expire an unnecessary backup image due to insufficient capacity. The capacity should be secured as much as the size of the backup i...
    2 years ago

Hi joonkoki 

If I understand your problem, you have reached capacity in the MSDP at the DR site and need to find additional capacity. 

The problem with simply expiring an image is that this image is most likely deduplicated with other backup images, so the reclaimed space is minor. The other thing to note is that the space may not come back immediately as there is some house keeping that happens in the backup ground - have a look at this article to see why reclaimed space (whihc probably isn't the 1TB backup image expired) is not showing. Use the crcontrol utility to help things along rather than waiting. 

The alternative is to grow the size of the pool. Depending on the file system and volume type it may be simpler to just add space. Without knowing more details it is difficult to guide you, but the process is relatively simple. 

Cheers
    David