Forum Discussion

rsakimoto
Level 5
12 years ago

ERROR: There is a PureDisk Agent installed on this machine. Please uninstall the PureDisk Agent and retry this setup.

Need help on how to fully uninstall Puredisk Agent. I already uninstalled Puredisk Agent 6.5 on the add/remove programs. I will then install Netbackup 7.1 client, but when running the installation, I got the message that puredisk agent is still installed so netbackup client installation won't continue. I tried to uninstall in the directory path C:\Program Files\Symantec\NetBackup PureDisk Agent\uninst.exe but did not uninstall at all. Had this error: could not uninstall the VxFI components of Snapshot Support. Uninstall was not completed successfully. But on some machines, when I had this scenario, I can uninstall puredisk well. Hoping for any advise can give. Thanks.

• I Already resolved this issue by going to the registry. Find all puredisk folder, then delete whatever it finds. Then tied again to install NBU client. Installed successfully. :)

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I Already resolved this issue by going to the registry. Find all puredisk folder, then delete whatever it finds. Then tied again to install NBU client. Installed successfully. :)

• Might work sometimes if you reboot the server and try a fresh instalation again .