Forum Discussion

heinkel
Level 3
10 years ago

PureDisk Agent for Windows uninstallation fails.

Hi all,

I have a customer with a Win2003 64 bits server which has PDagent 6.6.x installed, Trying to uninstall it, using remove programs from Control Panel, it asks for the .msi package. It refers to a users folder which does not exist anymore.

So, question is:

What can I do to remove PD agent? I want to install NBU 7.6.x.x to use Client-Side dedupe instead. Customers PD environment is dead.

br

Harald

• I found a couple of steps in the PD Client Install Guide:
    http://clientui-kb.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/6000/DOC6431/en_US/PureDisk_ClientInstall_Guide.pdf

p.90:

To remove PureDisk agent software from a Windows client

1 Click Start > Programs > Symantec > NetBackup PureDisk Agent > Change PureDisk installation.
    2 On the Welcome page, click Next to start the removal.
    3 On the Program Maintenance page, select Remove and click Next.
    4 On the Ready to Uninstall the Program page, click Remove.
    If the installer prompts you to close all processes that run in the foreground, click Ignore safely and allow the removal.
    5 On the Uninstallation Complete page, click Finish

If this does not work, probably best to log a Support call with Symantec.

Engineer should be able to assist with steps to manually remove the software and cleanup the registry.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I found a couple of steps in the PD Client Install Guide:
    http://clientui-kb.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/6000/DOC6431/en_US/PureDisk_ClientInstall_Guide.pdf

p.90:

To remove PureDisk agent software from a Windows client

1 Click Start > Programs > Symantec > NetBackup PureDisk Agent > Change PureDisk installation.
    2 On the Welcome page, click Next to start the removal.
    3 On the Program Maintenance page, select Remove and click Next.
    4 On the Ready to Uninstall the Program page, click Remove.
    If the installer prompts you to close all processes that run in the foreground, click Ignore safely and allow the removal.
    5 On the Uninstallation Complete page, click Finish

If this does not work, probably best to log a Support call with Symantec.

Engineer should be able to assist with steps to manually remove the software and cleanup the registry.