Forum Discussion

Montoblo
Level 3
16 years ago

pd agent install interrupted

Is there a limit to how many agents can be installed per storage pool? I am licensed for 6 hosts and 2 servers. The environment  consists of 3 esx clusters (which host over 100 VMs), 2 domain controllers (one virtual hosted by the esx cluster and 1 physical), one physical server which manages the virtual center for the VMware, 3 netbackup servers (1 master and 2 media) and the puredisk box.

I have been able to install the pd agent on new VMs that have been added to the esx clusters but recently i added 3 more VMs and when I installed the pd agent, it errored and said that it was interrupted. I researched the documentation to do a manual register with the storage pool and after I ran the command it said that I was unable to register due to license issues. Why would the pd agent install stop working on the VMs all of a sudden?

• Up to 1000 agents can be used per storage pool.  We have individual customers with over 5,000 agents deployed.

PureDisk does report the number of active agents that you have deployed. I will need to verify if we prevent activation of agents if you exceed your licensed amount.

What version of PureDisk are you currently using?

Are you using a temporary license and are you sure it has not expired?

Thanks,

Peter

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Up to 1000 agents can be used per storage pool.  We have individual customers with over 5,000 agents deployed.

PureDisk does report the number of active agents that you have deployed. I will need to verify if we prevent activation of agents if you exceed your licensed amount.

What version of PureDisk are you currently using?

Are you using a temporary license and are you sure it has not expired?

Thanks,

Peter

• After troubleshooting with the issue I contacted my sales rep and it turns out we had a temp license and it had expired. I added one of the permanent licenses and everything is fine now. Thanks for your response!