Forum Discussion

EdgarR
Level 2
4 years ago

1 legacy server remova from policyl - Need To Keep Last Full Backup Data For 1 Year (DSU)

Hello Everyone, My apologies if this question / situation has been posted before.  I have looked everywhere,but I am unable to find  the post. Issue (RedHat Linux Environment / Netbackup 7.6): I ...
    4 years ago
    It is perfectly fine to remove decommissioned client hostname from the policy.
    NBU keeps valid backup info in its catalog and does not need the client name to exist in a policy in order to restore.

To restore, you will select client B as Source Client, and select another client in the environment as Destination Client.
    Krutons
    4 years ago

There is no need/way to "flag" the file as archive. As long as the backup policy specified that the retention was 1 year that's all that matters. If the backup didn't have 1 year retention but you want to keep it for 1 year, you would need to manually change the expiration date using bpexpdate.

If your last backup is a final full backup then that is the only backup you would need kept for 1 year. Those incrementals would do you no good.