Forum Discussion

8 Replies

• Sergey,

Only UNIX class servers can be remotely installed from the master, trusted and no-trusted servers have to have a .rhost file and should be done as "root". You can use the CDROM too. As for winders you have to use the CDROM, they need to be rebooted after the install.

JD
  • Actually in Windows you can install clients remotely....
    When you launch the setup while installing it will ask whether to install on the local computer or to a Remote System.

I hope i got your question correctly.

MayurMessage was edited by:
    Mayur Shinde
  • Thanks for reply,
    Problem is not with policy configuration for available client OS types, but with adding new OS types. While installing master server we have determined needed client OS types. There were Solaris and Linux. But now we need to install NB clients for significant number of HP-UX systems. Seems like the best way to do this - is remote installation from server, but in pop-down menu for client type, we could not find HP-UX, but only Solaris an Linux. Is it possible to add HP-UX client support to system without reinstalling master server?
    And another question: how i have to apply new patches on clients remotely? Is correct to install new patch on master and then propogate it on clients as new installation?

Sergey
  • >Is it possible to add HP-UX client support to system without reinstalling master server?

You only have to do the client install part of the installation on the master server. This is very easy, has been done many times, and probably is the most foolproof method. Why not just select all the clients for installation on the master? That is what I recommend. If space is a concern then you could link the client directory to another partition.

>how i have to apply new patches on clients remotely
    Update the master server and all of the possible clients that have been installed on the master will also be upgraded. Disperse the updates via an already existing script /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/update_clients

>Is correct to install new patch on master and then propogate it on clients as new installation
    yes, exactly!BS
  • NBU windows clients can be installed remotely?
    This I would like to learn more about!

Joe Despres
  • boy, I would too :-)

However,
    Sergey was asking about HP-UX clients....BS
  • Hi,

Havent you noticed the network installation part when you launch the setup ?
    MayurMessage was edited by:
    Mayur Shinde