Forum Discussion

rashi_jain
Level 5
10 years ago

advance disk command give me error

advance disk created  successfully.

command  is mentioned nbelow ;

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server ri2007 -stype AdvancedDisk -media_server ri2007

on running below mentioned command  i am getting error :

1./usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -createdv  -stype AdvancedDisk -dv test61_3_0_diskPool  -storage_server ri2007 -M ri2007
Argument (-M) not valid for current operation.

2.[root@ri2007 ~]# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -createdv  -stype AdvancedDisk -dv test61_3_0_diskPool  -storage_server ri2007
failed to create disk volume, cannot connect on socket

3./usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -previewdv -storage_servers ri2007 -stype AdvancedDisk| grep /mnt/test61_0_FS_0
failed to preview disk volumes, cannot connect on socket

we are  using netbackup 7.6.1 on linux 7 .

please give  me  the  procedure  how  to take backup  from advanced disk using command line.

any kind of  help really appreciable.

• Give device configuration wizard in the GUI a shot. That usally work very well. It will create both storage server, disk pool and storage unit for you.

10 Replies

• Give device configuration wizard in the GUI a shot. That usally work very well. It will create both storage server, disk pool and storage unit for you.

• Yes, as per Nicolai, GUI will be easier.

Btw, the correct sequence is to "create storage server" -> "create disk pool" -> "create disk volume" -> "create storage unit". 

It seems you missed the "create disk pool" step. You need to have a disk pool (dp) to create disk volume.

• I am trying to create a disk pool using GUI also but getting error  "can not connect to the socket"

• also tried to follow steps from the bekow link

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH179281.html

• Is there a firewall between master and media server? Or perhaps OS firewall (iptables) on Linux media server?
  • for the  creation of  disk pool below mentioned  command  is used:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig  -createdp  -dp  test1 -stype AdvancedDisk -storage_servers ri2007 -dvlist /home/00001 -M ri2007
    Failed to create disk pool, cannot connect on socket

• hello all,

I want to know  that 7.6.1. has been supoorted  on RHEL 7 

• I have posted the link to OS compatibility guide in your new post. Have you checked for firewall (incl OS firewall ) as per my previous post?