Forum Discussion

kumar3
Level 4
5 months ago

CLI Command to list Host ID

Hello Experts,

I need to know the CLI command which is equivalent to following option from NetBackup admin console.

Security Management -> Host Management -> Netbackup Host ID

Want to list certificate expiry date and host ID for given host from master server.

Thanks.

• Try using the command "nbcertcmd -listAllDomainCertificates" from the primary server.  This actually makes a web API call in the background.  You'll need to log into the web server using the command "bpnbat -Login -LoginType WEB".  You'll be prompted for the Authentication Broker (your primary server FQDN), the Authentication Port (just press enter for default), Authentication type (enter unixpwd assuming your primary is running on Linux), and finally a user login and password.

10 Replies

• Try using the command "nbcertcmd -listAllDomainCertificates" from the primary server.  This actually makes a web API call in the background.  You'll need to log into the web server using the command "bpnbat -Login -LoginType WEB".  You'll be prompted for the Authentication Broker (your primary server FQDN), the Authentication Port (just press enter for default), Authentication type (enter unixpwd assuming your primary is running on Linux), and finally a user login and password.

kumar3
      Level 4
      Thx, this is the one I was looking for
  • You can use:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbhostmgmt -list -short

It gets a bit messy with multiple mapped names.

kumar3
      Level 4

Thanks for the reply, this command gives one result with host_id, but still missing the certificate expiry date. I tried to option -json also but seems its not there.

kumar3
        Level 4

I need command similar to following but that should work from master server and give result for all clients at once, or any client if passed as an argument in the command.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbcertcmd -listcertdetails