Forum Discussion

16 years ago

Backups failing with 54. in NB 6.5

Hi All,

backup for one of my client is failing with 54, client has two ip and one is suppose to be used for backup. i think wrong name and wrong ip os configured. below are more details

client name : client

client ip1 : 10.82.108.34 (should be used for backup)

client ip2 : 10.81.107.10

/etc/hosts file on master has entries for my client with ip1  10.82.108.34, no entry with ip2 10.81.107.10

from master, ping and telnet to client is working fine output of bpclntcmd shows ip2

bash-2.05$ ./bpclntcmd -hn client
host client: client.domain.com at 10.81.107.10 (0x846c520a)
checkhname: aliases:
bash-2.05$ ./bpclntcmd -ip 10.81.107.10
checkhaddr: host   : client: client.domain.com at 10.81.107.10 (0x846c520a)
   checkhaddr: aliases:
bash-2.05$

why is my bpclntcmd resolving to ip2 ? how  do i make it to resolve it to ip1 and make it use for backup.

thnks lot in advance

Venkat

• Hi

The configairation on client was wrongly done. in backup-Archive- restore window on client 

in "specify netbackup machine and policy type" we had wrong master server entry, corrected this.

and host file in client was edited with master ip and client ip this resolved the problem.

thanks everyone

venkatesh

12 Replies

• Venkatesh,

the hostname by which you configure in netbackup should be the same in /etc/hosts, I see suffix -bk?

can you try this and paste the output

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpgethost -by_name <client name>

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpgethost -by_addr <ip address>

• Hi

The configairation on client was wrongly done. in backup-Archive- restore window on client 

in "specify netbackup machine and policy type" we had wrong master server entry, corrected this.

and host file in client was edited with master ip and client ip this resolved the problem.

thanks everyone

venkatesh