Forum Discussion

Bmitche
Level 5
13 years ago

Block-level incrementals

Has anyone ran into issues with VMWARE policies and enabling block-level incrementals on NB 7.5?

I ran a full backup test last weekend and had "Enable block-level incremental backup" checked. Backup ran fine...no problems. The next incremental I ran gave some errors. Like an idiot...I did not document the errors. I was just wondering if there is a known issue or I need to call support. Thanks

• Currently they are no known issue with BLIB on the Symantec side on the version of NetBackup you are using.  I could give more information if you have the error, other I would suggest contacting VMware if you have a BLIB related error.  Check your All Logs Entries report to see if you can find the error?  Or if this was an error from VirtualCenter, then check the Event and Task in Virtual Center to see if you can find it.

2 Replies

• Getting the errors would be important... I know BLIB works in 7.5.

Just one machine, or all in the policy? Are these boxes running VMware hardware version 7 or 8?

• Currently they are no known issue with BLIB on the Symantec side on the version of NetBackup you are using.  I could give more information if you have the error, other I would suggest contacting VMware if you have a BLIB related error.  Check your All Logs Entries report to see if you can find the error?  Or if this was an error from VirtualCenter, then check the Event and Task in Virtual Center to see if you can find it.