Forum Discussion

Itai
Level 4
12 years ago

Changing SLP retention period

Hi,

Netbackup 7.5.03 WIN 2008 platform

SLP retention period changing back to 2 weeks (level1) after I'm manually changing it, why ?

Cheers,

Itai

• Very odd!

2780489 Modifying SLP parameters GUI does not pick up previous retention values.

Really does sound like a rights or corruotion issue here.

Try it using the command line or recreate the slp from scratch to see if that helps (make sure it is fully up to date (all backups and duplications have finished before thinking of deleting it though)

You also do not need it to be indented for the duplication so can indent it back if you wish.

Always worth being on the latest version as well so worth patching it all to 7.5.0.4 - lots of bug fixes in 7.5.0.4 ... like thithese i just found in the 7.5.0.4 release notes:

2857559 Modifying SLP parameters in GUI does not pick up previous retention values.

7 Replies

• My only thought is that you are on 2008 and may have UAC enabled

If you dont open the admin console with the "run as administrator" then it may not take any of your changes

• no..isn't the case ,uac closed+user is local admin+domain admin
  • Which admin console are you using?

Is it the same version and patch level as the Master?

Have you tried changing it via the command line:

nbstl lifecyclename -modify -rl 1,2

The 1,2 sets the first phase (backup to level1 and the next to level 2, so adjust according to youyr needs - see the commands guide for full details)

Hope this helps

• hmmmmm it's seems impossible.. only when changing slp to capacity managed it allows me change if I change it back to retention type=fixed it's automatically changes back to 2 weeks
  • btw console versions +master+media servers-all 7.5.0.3 on win
  • Very odd!

2780489 Modifying SLP parameters GUI does not pick up previous retention values.

Really does sound like a rights or corruotion issue here.

Try it using the command line or recreate the slp from scratch to see if that helps (make sure it is fully up to date (all backups and duplications have finished before thinking of deleting it though)

You also do not need it to be indented for the duplication so can indent it back if you wish.

Always worth being on the latest version as well so worth patching it all to 7.5.0.4 - lots of bug fixes in 7.5.0.4 ... like thithese i just found in the 7.5.0.4 release notes:

2857559 Modifying SLP parameters in GUI does not pick up previous retention values.

• Hi ,

Just wanted to inform closed by updating to 7.5.0.4

apparently bug of 7.5.0.3

tnx again

Itai

Etrack Incident: 2785165

Description:

When storage lifecycle policy parameters are modified, the interface does not

pick up previous retention values for duplication operations.