Forum Discussion

traghav86
Level 5
8 years ago

Configure MSDP on a Media Server

Guys

Please advise where do i need to run below command for MSDP Configuration, is it on Media or Master server , in my case storage server is Media server and i ran this on media server but getting below error

tpconfig -add -storage_server sshostname -stype PureDisk -sts_user_id UserID -password PassWord

Error
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -add -storage_server nrecnetbk121 -stype PureDisk -sts_user_id xxxx -password xxxxx
Failed to open server connection to type PureDisk server nrecnetbk121: Error = 2060023
server is shut down
Authorization failed for OpenStorage server XXXX

Attached Error image

• issue resolved with password fix , MSDP config not allowing special characters

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • tpconfig commmand needs to run on media server, however it is the 2nd command in storgae server configuration..

have you added the strorage server by below commnad?

nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server nrecnetbk121 -stype PureDisk -media_server nrecnetbk121

once you add this stroge server using the nbdevconfig then use tpconfig command

tpconfig -add -storage_servernrecnetbk121 -stype PureDisk -sts_user_id XXXXXX -password XXXXXXX

traghav86
      Level 5

Thank you Ram for Quick Reply

i ran nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server nrecnetbk121 -stype PureDisk -media_server nrecnetbk121 on master server and completed succefully..

i ran below on media server which but getting below error.

Failed to open server connection to type PureDisk server nrecnetbk121: Error = 2                                             060023
      server is shut down
      Authorization failed for OpenStorage server nrecnetbk121

RamNagalla

can you confirm master server and media server are resolving the same IP for nrecnetbk121 and using the same IP to communicate...

what is the output of nbemmcmd  -listhosts from media server.