Forum Discussion

Dtrace_225
Level 3
8 years ago

Configuring VMware that protect Exchange 2010 DAG

Hi All, 

I have to implement same configuration as describe in this post: https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Configuring-GRT-based-Exchange-Backup-using-vmware-backup-policy/m-p/824660#M223697 

Note that I have implement tranditional backup of exchange and it works. But for perfomance issue, I want to implement VM backup that protects exchange and disable traditional backup.

I have an error 13. I'm troubleshooting... Can you help?

About DAR configuration, must I use FQDN or short name?

I will post job details in fex time.

Tnahk for your help.

• ** See update in 25 January 2018 post ** We have demonstrated that we can support this, although you will get a warning from the ASC job.

Whether or not VMware has improved its ability to snapshot a GPT disk, the NetBackup ASC job for Exchange 8.0 still rejects the GPT disk. The log message you found still applies:

Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\Direction' is not supported because volume <F:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.

21 Replies

• how far have you gone with regards to following the answer in that link?

• HI All,

I found that costumer MBX DB are on GPT disk, that is not supported by this king of configuration.

01/24/2017 09:07:16 - Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\Direction' is not supported because volume <F:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.
    01/24/2017 09:07:16 - Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\Direction' is not supported because volume <F:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.
    01/24/2017 09:07:16 - Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\Informaticiens' is not supported because volume <G:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.
    01/24/2017 09:07:16 - Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\Informaticiens' is not supported because volume <G:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.
    01/24/2017 09:07:16 - Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\NBU' is not supported because volume <G:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.
    01/24/2017 09:07:16 - Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\NBU' is not supported because volume <G:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.
    01/24/2017 09:07:16 - Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\Utilisateurs3' is not supported because volume <G:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.
    01/24/2017 09:07:16 - Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\Utilisateurs3' is not supported because volume <G:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.
    01/24/2017 09:07:16 - Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\Utilisateurs5' is not supported because volume <G:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.
    01/24/2017 09:07:16 - Warning ascc (pid=9048) Exchange: snapshot preparation successful, with the following condition: GRT Functionality for Database 'Microsoft Information Store:\Utilisateurs5' is not supported because volume <G:\> is on a GPT disk and is not supported.

I can I deal with this?