Forum Discussion

Zahid_Haseeb
11 years ago

Duplicate option is disabled/grayed

Environment

Netbackup Server 7.5.0.5

OS = Windows 2003

I am trying to duplicate a backup image from Disk Storage Unit to Tape but when I right click on the backup image under Catalog Search and right on it , I found Duplicate option is disabled/grayed

• You should visit on NBU Administration console the

NetBackup Management\Host Properties\Master Servers - pane

Select your master's properities and in the Global Attributes

increase the number in Maximum Backup copies - most probably now there is only 1. Increase it to 2 or more. If its already 2 still increase it - after that you should be able to create addtional copy of the backup image you want to duplicate.

Take a look at this screen shot:

GA.JPG

Not sure if you will not have to restart NBU services... If after doing the above the duplication still would be grayed out, restart NBU master server services.

5 Replies

• You should visit on NBU Administration console the

NetBackup Management\Host Properties\Master Servers - pane

Select your master's properities and in the Global Attributes

increase the number in Maximum Backup copies - most probably now there is only 1. Increase it to 2 or more. If its already 2 still increase it - after that you should be able to create addtional copy of the backup image you want to duplicate.

Take a look at this screen shot:

GA.JPG

Not sure if you will not have to restart NBU services... If after doing the above the duplication still would be grayed out, restart NBU master server services.

• Hi Zahid,

kindly check on catalog pane > action > drop down menu if its value is "verify" If yes, duplicate option is disabled.

Change action value from verify to duplicate option from the drop-down menu, then search the image you want to duplicate. Select image, right click then select duplicate.

Hope this will help, kindly update for the development

Thanks,

• Quebek

Thanks for your kind suggestion. I did the same and increased the value from 2 to 5 and problem is resolved. But I think the old settings which was "2" should have worked, as its "2" not "1"

• Maybe you already have had second copy of this particular backup image!! To check this out run:

bpimagelist -backuid backup_id -L

and serach for backup copies...