Forum Discussion

Hamza_H
4 years ago

Ghost restore jobs on AM

Hello All, One of our customers wants to know why there are some 'ghost' restore jobs on the activity monitor every Sunday night. These jobs start at midnight (00:00) every Sunday and some errors...
    4 years ago

Not sure I can fully answer your question, but I can give you some help. 

1. The NetBackup master server will run an incremental nbdeployutil every Sunday night at midnight. This is new and used by Smart Meter to provide for continual reporting back to Veritas on license usage. The files are available for you to examine - on Windows they can be found under <INSTALL>\Veritas\NetBackup\var\global\incremental (log files and previous nbdeployutil reports).
    2. The OpsCenter item would need to be uncommented to make a difference. Although that tech note relates to NetBackup 7.5.0.3 so not sure if it is relvant still (no harm in trying though). 

As for the ghost restore jobs - no idea, I've never seen that before. Can you share some more details on the jobs themselves (such as job details, assuming there are any)?

Refer to his URL for details on how to control the nbdeployutil scheduling to see if this is causing the ghost jobs: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/24437881-136359134-0/v137470892-136359134

Hamza_H
    4 years ago

Hello davidmoline ,

I just got an update regarding this case, by disabling nbedployutil (by setting the value FREQUENDY_BY_DAYS=0 in nbdeployutilconfig.txt) the client didn't get any error or restore jobs and he's happy with it.. 

I don't know if disabling nbdeployutil is a good thing or not? could you please advise regarding this?

Thank you;