Forum Discussion

Gabriel-A
Level 3
3 years ago

how to configure alerts in opscenter for queued jobs

Hello everybody!

sporadically we have a problem with a SAP log backups filling the queue on a dedicated netbackup domain.

I am looking for information about configuring an alert in opscenter to monitor the number of queued jobs and send an email if that number is more then a configured value.

I did not find something relevant in the opscenter admin guide so I hope that somebody having experience with similar alert would step in and share.

thank you in advance!

10 Replies

• Hi,
    Is it SAP Hana? I would sort this issue proactively then react later on.
    If SAP Hana on that client there is one setting about timeouts... I will provide more info once back at home, read on Mon
      Gabriel-A
      Level 3

Dear Quebek,

yes indeed, it is sap and we are experiencing serious problems with these queued jobs and unable to solve it for several months already even with the veritas support case we have.

your comments and suggestions would be more than welcome!

quebek

Hello

You did not confirm this is for sap hana... If it is try to extend this property backint_response_timeout on SAP end from default 10 minutes to 60.

Also in order to do not overtake NBU resources by this policy in its properties set "limit jobs per policy" to 16 or less. This should not acquire all NBU resources - jobs will be just queued...

Hope this helps anyhow...

• I dont think there is a direct option.

I can think of couple of customized options : 

1) bpdbjobs -report |grep -i <client name you want to monitor> | grep -i <queued> | wc -l 

This will find number of queued jobs for the given client. You can schedule it through cron job at specified time . Or if you just want the alert when queued jobs threshold is crossed, then need to make shell script and send the alert. Let me know, i can help you.

2) Configure customized report in opscenter filtering queued jobs and send email , this is slightly out of sense though

Gabriel-A
      Level 3

Dear Gial,

thank you for your response as well.

you are right, however we managed to create a report based on the results of the following command:

bpdbjobs.exe -ignore_parent_jobs -keep_hours 1 -summary -l

noting that the master server is a windows machine.

Thanks,

aning
      Level 3

I know this is an old post.. but need help please on getting an alert when there are queued jobs. Do you have the script for that please? TIA