Forum Discussion

jwallen21
Level 4
13 years ago

Opscenter Alert Policy

How do I create an alert that when a job fails it send me an email. I have been playing around with this for a couple of days and still haven’t figured this out. I have been in Manage and Alert Policies and have created a policy. Inside the Condition I have selected High Job Failure Rate and in another policy Incomplete Job condition.  I have put my email address in the actions but nothing? Not sure what I am doing wrong.

• Hi,

If your requirement is that an email should be sent for each job failiure condition, then you should try Job Finalized condition. In this conidtion you can specify the Job Type and exit status for which you want to generate alert/email.

If alert/email should be generated only for failure condition then you can specify Exit Status to Include: >1. Unselect Include all exit status checkbox so that you can enter the value in the text box.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jwallen21,

It's not clear as to what's preventing the emails being sent.

Have you checked the SMTP configuration yet?

Settings | Configuration | SMTP Server.

I believe the smtp server needs to be fully qualified and not an ip address.

Is Opscenter prohibited from sending emails via the SMTP server?

Can you test is emailing reports work?

• Yes I have justed added it. I am now able send reports to myself. So if there is a failed job is alerts that right place to create a policy so i can get it?

• So we now have the email function working,so if your alert conditions have been correctly configured you should start seeing these.

• Hi,

If your requirement is that an email should be sent for each job failiure condition, then you should try Job Finalized condition. In this conidtion you can specify the Job Type and exit status for which you want to generate alert/email.

If alert/email should be generated only for failure condition then you can specify Exit Status to Include: >1. Unselect Include all exit status checkbox so that you can enter the value in the text box.