Forum Discussion

Kisad
Level 5
13 years ago

How to restore to Exchange 2007 to RSG in Netbackup 7.0.1

Hi,

I'm urgently looking for the steps or a tech note to help me restore a storage group to an RSG in Exchange 2007 in Netbackup 7.0.1. Please help.

Thanks

kisad

7 Replies

• Thanks Marianne but I'm restoring from java console.So a litle unsure about the options.i have the source and destination server as the same one.The exchange admin says RSG is on the server with the same name as the source server.Do the selected options look correct in the screenshot.

I have selected the replay of logs option and the restore of logs path  as per the exchange admin.

• They look fine - you can also set it to mount the store

Just ensure that the RSG is set up and that the original live database on Exchange is set to its default to not allow over-write by a restore (like to be on the safe side)

• The options in the Java GUI look identical to the Windows GUI.
    Why not restore from from the NBU GUI on the Exchange Server?

Look at point 7 of the TN:

7. Open the Backup, Archive and Restore window on the Exchange server.

If I remember correctly, it is extremely important to select 'Restore everything to a different location' .

Any reason why you have selected 'point in time recovery'?

I have only assisted on one occation with a 2007 restore to RSG. The customer has been battling for days to restore - all attempts were failing.

I insisted that we follow the TN to the letter. The restore was successful.

• Thanks for the help again.I started the restore and am getting a count in the current kilobytes written.However there are some error that are showing the detailed Status in the Job Details.If you can please take a look and comment if they look like something which can potentially fail the restore

Dec 1, 2011 5:16:00 AM - Error bpbrm (pid=23547) from client EXMAIL: ERR - error writing Exchange object: Microsoft Information Store:\SG2\ Error: BEDS 0xE000FF05: Before you can restore a Microsoft Exchange LCR or CCR database, you must use the Exchange Management Shell to suspend replication.

Dec 1, 2011 5:16:00 AM - Error bpbrm (pid=23547) from client EXMAIL: ERR - error writing Exchange object: Microsoft Information Store:\SG2\Logs_1321689927 Error: BEDS 0xE000FF05: Before you can restore a Microsoft Exchange LCR or CCR database, you must use the Exchange Management Shell to suspend replication.

Dec 1, 2011 5:16:00 AM - Error bpbrm (pid=23547) from client EXMAIL: ERR - error writing Exchange object: Microsoft Information Store:\SG2\CL102_IR_MBX02 Error: BEDS 0xE000FF05: Before you can restore a Microsoft Exchange LCR or CCR database, you must use the Exchange Management Shell to suspend replication.
  •  

In our envrironment we the backup team have to do the restores and we do not have access to the client server so I cant do it from the client end.

I too was unsure about the option "Restore everything to the original location". but since both source and destination server were same i selected it.