Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Hyper-V Policy Type

Hello!

Need some help. I inherited a Server 2003 runing Netbackup 7.5.0.1. It runs great! My company is moving to the Server 2008R2. So we are migrating our policies and robots to a newly built server running Netbakup 7.5.01. So far everything has went perfectly. The last policy to move to the new server is the Hyper-V policy.

We have a 3 node cluster with CSV that has been backing up to the older server. Today as i went to set up the new policy i found that the HYPER-V Policy type is not on the new server! I double checked that the version are the same.. whic they are.. and that all the physical nodes have been poined to the new Master server.

i has looked over the Hyper-V admin guide and hove not found any help!! So i am hoping you guys can help!!

Thanks,

Mike

4 Replies

• the clients on the 3 physical nodes are at 7.5.0.1 as well... Forgot that bit.

• Thanks for your reply. The older server has tone more licences than the new one. Should i export all of them and import then into the new server?
  • Marrianne, After reviewing our Symantec liceninsing, i have found that i had not imported all of our license keys. After i imported them, the Hyper-V policy type is now available! Thanks so much for your help!!! Mike