Forum Discussion

ctate
Level 4
17 years ago

Increase Activity Monitor days to keep information

How do I increase the number of days or hours that activity monitor keeps information on Netbackup 6.0 MP5 (Windows).  In 5.1 I thought you edited bp.conf, but I don't have a bp.conf file.  Do I need to create one?  I don't see a way to do it in the GUI.  On another thread someone suggested going to Host properties -> Cleanup -> and change number of days to keep logs, but I don't think that is referring to activity monitor.

Thanks.
  • From Netbackup Windows Admin Guide page 349

Changing the Default on a Permanent Basis
    Since the bpdbjobs database resets to default conditions upon reboot or cycling NetBackup Services, you may want a more permanent means of indicating how long to keep jobs in the Activity Monitor.
    Use the following method to add new registry key(s) to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\
    CurrentVersion\Config
    To do so safely, from a command window, run:
    install_path/veritas/netbackup/bin/admincmd
    echo KEEP_JOBS_HOURS = 192 | bpsetconfig
    Where 192 is the number of hours that all jobs (both successful and unsuccessful) will be kept in the jobs database (or Activity Monitor display).
    To retain only successful jobs, enter:
    echo KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS = 192 | bpsetconfig
    Note The retention period values are measured against the time the job ended.

Hope this helps.
    Regards.

1 Reply

• From Netbackup Windows Admin Guide page 349

Changing the Default on a Permanent Basis
    Since the bpdbjobs database resets to default conditions upon reboot or cycling NetBackup Services, you may want a more permanent means of indicating how long to keep jobs in the Activity Monitor.
    Use the following method to add new registry key(s) to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\
    CurrentVersion\Config
    To do so safely, from a command window, run:
    install_path/veritas/netbackup/bin/admincmd
    echo KEEP_JOBS_HOURS = 192 | bpsetconfig
    Where 192 is the number of hours that all jobs (both successful and unsuccessful) will be kept in the jobs database (or Activity Monitor display).
    To retain only successful jobs, enter:
    echo KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS = 192 | bpsetconfig
    Note The retention period values are measured against the time the job ended.

Hope this helps.
    Regards.