Forum Discussion

reachah
Level 4
10 years ago

mail_dr_info.sh - Require Configuration

Hi,

I am having a Slorais 5.9 running on NB 6.5 . Need to configure the Catalog backups - DR file to be mailed . I have already put the required mail id's in the NetBackup 'Catalog Policy'

Created the mail_dr_info.sh touch file in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin .However not sure what exact lines\contents to be placed in it for it to work . Also do guide if any additional files\scripts to be placed as well

Kindly share your inputs

• Can you email from the master server using mailx to the recipients? If not, you will need to get your Solaris Admins to configure sendmail.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • have a read if this:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH142909

• Hi Revaroo,I did went through this tech note before posting here in the Forum . However I relate this article more to Windows and not Unix (may be I am wrong)

It would be helpful if you cut short & give me the exact step wise to implement the same . As this is Unix OS ,need your valuable inputs

• reachah, well 6.5 is not supported so I can't 'test' on that version. However, why do you not add the email address to the Disaster Recovery tab on the catalog policy ?

• I did as the 1st step i.e.,adding mail ids to the DR tab in the catalog policy & mentioned in my initial post as well

"I am having a Slorais 5.9 running on NB 6.5 . Need to configure the Catalog backups - DR file to be mailed . I have already put the required mail id's in the NetBackup 'Catalog Policy'"

However not much luck . This is the 1st time ,I am trying to configure in a Unix Platform machine hence as per my understanding 'BLAT.CMD' is ruled out as it's for WIN. Not sure if anywere I need to mention the SMTP address :(

Pls assist with SUN Solaris version with NB6.5

• Can you email from the master server using mailx to the recipients? If not, you will need to get your Solaris Admins to configure sendmail.

• To add to revaroo's post:

This is how I do it:

Add the IP address of your Exchange/mail server in /etc/hosts:

xxx.xx.xx.xx   hostname         mailhost

Create /etc/resolv.conf
    nameserver xxx.xx.xx.xx
    domain your.domain

Add 'dns' to the 'hosts' line in /etc/nsswitch.conf
    hosts:      files       dns

You should now be able to use 'mailx' at O/S level.
    Once this is working, NBU notification will work as well.