Forum Discussion

bordio27
Level 4
6 years ago

Media host override doesn't work

Hi,

I'm trying to do a BMR restore with a media server different by the one used when client was backupped

I did the change in the media host override section of the master server, and of course, FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER key was rightly populated with the entry said before.

After the change, I did a rereadconfig and I tried to run the BMR restore, but original backup server was used; so I tried a restart of the services on the master server and tried again to run the BMR restore, but once again original backup server was used.

What do you think? Maybe I miss something?

NetBackup version 8.1.1

Windows OS 2012

Thank you,

db

bordio27
    6 years ago

I tried to do that for the first time during this BMR restore, so I don't know if outside BMR would work, I have to do a try.

Backups are not on tape.

I'm wondering if USE_BACK_MEDIA_SERVER_FOR_RESTORE option override the  FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER one

Maybe I need to deactivate the last one also?

db

5 Replies

• you may need to change the media/image owner server using bpimage -newserver if it's tape

what is the type of your storage unit?

bordio27
      Level 4

I tried to do that for the first time during this BMR restore, so I don't know if outside BMR would work, I have to do a try.

Backups are not on tape.

I'm wondering if USE_BACK_MEDIA_SERVER_FOR_RESTORE option override the  FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER one

Maybe I need to deactivate the last one also?

db