Forum Discussion

Amit_Karia
Level 6
11 years ago

Multiple drive index

Hi All,

I am observing a very strange issue in device monitor recently.

There are 2 media servers. sharing 6 drives (LTO-5). in devices -> Drives tab . in all the drives rather than having a unique index of their own. all drives are displaying index as <multiple> . although tapes are mounting in all drives. I feel there is something strage. I deleted all drives from both media servers and did device configuration from GUI again and found <multiple> index in all 6 drives.

Netbackup version : 7.1

Master server : Solaris,Media servers : Solaris

Regards

Amit

• Not sure if I understand your issue clearly?

Each media server has own, unique index numbers for each drive and do not need to match.

So, it is perfectly normal for Drive_1 on MediaServer1 to have Index number of 0, and to be Index Number 1 on MediaServer2, etc.

So, if you issue 'tpconfig -l' on each media server, you can see how each drive is mapped to index number for that particular media server. This will result in <multiple> index in the GUI and is perfectly normal.

5 Replies

• Not sure if I understand your issue clearly?

Each media server has own, unique index numbers for each drive and do not need to match.

So, it is perfectly normal for Drive_1 on MediaServer1 to have Index number of 0, and to be Index Number 1 on MediaServer2, etc.

So, if you issue 'tpconfig -l' on each media server, you can see how each drive is mapped to index number for that particular media server. This will result in <multiple> index in the GUI and is perfectly normal.

• it is normal, because index values can be changed form media server to media server.. you got Multiple becuase you are having the SSO Drives.

to check and compare run vmoprcmd -d commnad from both media server and see the Drive index values..

for SSO drives.. Drives names should be unique.. Drive index can be different.

• If you want to check the exact drive index for each media server for all specific drives. 
    Go to Device Monitor and in right pane two small window will appear.

The above One contains all drives list. Once you'll select any single drive, 
    In the below windows you can see the Device host with which the drive is being shared along with Index number on each server.