Forum Discussion

demo4119
Level 6
13 years ago

NDMP direct copy ( PTT) from Virtual Library to Physical Library

Currently im trying to configure the Virtual Library to use the NDMP direct copy ( Path to tape feature ) to duplicate images from virtual library to physical library .

Currently , i have configured the master server to access to the VTL ( NDMP Storage Unit) and Physical LTO library (NDMP Storage Unit) and with another media server access the the VTL drives.

So i will have a SLP policy 1st job to backup data from the media server to the VTL library drive and a second job to perform the duplication from VTL via the Path to tape option to the physical LTO tape . with Virtual NDMP as read source and Physical NDMP as write source on the master server.

But this configuration work on my test lab , but when im trying to configure the same configuration mentioned above i do have issue that robot for the virtual library is grey off .

any expert can advise ? where should i check and troubleshooting on the robot greay issue or any configuration file i can verify on the master server?

3 Replies

• Which step of configuration you have a issue in?
    Can you show us what you do step by step?
    Can you post the screenshot of last step?
    Tell us the model of your VTL, and whether you have configured OpenStorage as you done on your lab.

• Without taking an exact look like mentioned above, is there any chance that you do not have the NDMP license in production which would prevent you from using that mode of write?