Forum Discussion

9 years ago

NDMP Verification TPAutoconf - Node-Scope

I am trying to setup NetBackup 7.7 (trial) and connecting to Netapp 8.2.2 cDOT mode. I believe I have everything setup but I am only able to see one node in the NetApp cluster. When I have node-scode...
    9 years ago

Sorry Brian for the delayed response.  node-scope-mode is a requirement if you need CAB(cluster aware backup). This is something very recently introduced in the Netbackup with version 7.7. So you should be able to back it up with this version.

You need to make sure that the NDMP is enable with all the nodes present with the cluster. Can you please check output of system services ndmp show and paste it. You should be able to see all nodes present in the cluster in the output.

Also can you please try the tpautoconf command for each of node-mgmt LIF and cluster-mgmt LIP.

Also consider following while choosing correct LIF for the backup

"""

There should be at least one intercluster LIF for each node of the cluster that does not host a cluster-management LIF. This is required for three-way and remote backups. If you do not specify an intercluster LIF, all of the three-way and remote backups for volumes that are not hosted on the same node as the
    cluster-management LIF fail. NetBackup does not access these LIFs directly, so it does not need credentials for them.

"""