Forum Discussion

Zahid_Haseeb
11 years ago

Need to configure Netbackup AIR

Environment

Netbackup Server = 7.5

OS = windows2008 R2

We have Netbackup Server configured with deduplication pool/Storage Unit. All backups are running fine. Now I want to configure AIR. I have found a technote and it is saying OC site: One Master/media server with MSDP configured already (but not diskpool or stu , See the below link

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH189382

I asume I need to remove storage unit ? is it must ? , I cannot remove the STU as it has data backup.

• No need for that - I think the tech note is just taking you through the process of two new setups.

On the main site just add the remote site details to the Storage Server configuration (servername, de-dupeusername and password) and then create an identically named SLP on each site

The Main site will have backup and replication stages (the replication must have a fixed retention which will control how long the images are kept on the remote site) - the remote sites SLP will have the import phase which uses target retention.

That should be all you need to do.

• The step-by-step instructions only need to be followed if you do not have MSDP with diskpool and STU configured yet.

So, you should be able to skip to step 5 and create SLPs:

5. On the OC site master server, go to “NetBackup Management” -> “Storage” -> “Storage Lifecycle Policies” -> New 

5 Replies

• No need for that - I think the tech note is just taking you through the process of two new setups.

On the main site just add the remote site details to the Storage Server configuration (servername, de-dupeusername and password) and then create an identically named SLP on each site

The Main site will have backup and replication stages (the replication must have a fixed retention which will control how long the images are kept on the remote site) - the remote sites SLP will have the import phase which uses target retention.

That should be all you need to do.

• No need to remove existing STP/DP/Storage Server. Just add replication target in storage setver properties then configure Storage Lifecycle policy on both side.

• The step-by-step instructions only need to be followed if you do not have MSDP with diskpool and STU configured yet.

So, you should be able to skip to step 5 and create SLPs:

5. On the OC site master server, go to “NetBackup Management” -> “Storage” -> “Storage Lifecycle Policies” -> New 

• Thanks to all. Query resolved to configure AIR/Replication between two Netbackup Servers

Primary Site Netbackup Server

nbu1.png

nbu2.png

nbu3.png

Secondary/DR Site Netbackup Server

nbu5.png

Select the SLP

nbu6.png

Helpful link before (While configure Deduplication) configure AIR

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/invalid-command-parameter