Forum Discussion

15 years ago

NetBack 6.5 Error!!!

Hi Admins,

Thanks for your always support and help. The problem is data is not written in the Drives.

I have the following setup:

I am using the Netbackup 6.5 ver for backup with windows 2k3 plateform. My Master & Media server is in the same server.
The master server is attached with HP MSL 6000 Robotic Library. The problem is when I am trying to backup the status shows "writing" from backup console but nothing is written in the tape. What may be the problem, it doesn't shows any error.
Might be the Licence problem???
Please suggest, thanks in advance.

• Use the following guidelines when you install UNIX clients:

The gzip and the gunzip commands must be installed on each system. The directories where the commands are installed must be part of the root user’s PATHenvironment variable setting.

For local installations:

You must install the client software locally if remote installation is not possible. Remote installation is not possible if your NetBackup server runs Windows 2000/2003 Server. Firewalls can also prevent remote installation.

To install clients to a location other than the default, you must create and link the directory before you install the client software. First create the directory where you want the software to reside, and then create /usr/openv as a link to that directory.

On IBM zSeries Linux clients, you must transfer the NetBackup CD image contents to a location that is readable by the virtual Linux environment. You can transfer the image with FTP or NFS mounting commands.

11 Replies

• The following procedure installs the NetBackup client software on a local machine.

To install client software locally on a UNIX client

1 Insert the NetBackup client CD into the drive on the client computer and mount it.

2 Change your working directory to the CD directory if you have a CD, or to the directory that contains the downloaded files:
    cd /cd_mount_point
    The cd_mount_point is the path to the directory where you can access the CD.

3 Enter the following command to execute the installation script:
    ./install
    The client binaries represent the operating system versions where the binaries were compiled. Often, the binaries function perfectly on later versions of the operating system. For example, Solaris 9 binaries also are used on the Solaris 10 level of the operating system. The installation procedure attempts to load the appropriate binaries for your system. If the script does not recognize the local operating system, it presents choices.

4 Follow the prompts to complete the installation.

5 After the installation is complete, unmount the client CD.