Forum Discussion

Malak
Level 4
13 years ago

Netbackup 7.1.0.2 with JOB state UNKNOWN

Hello everybody,

We have just upgraded from 7.1 to 7.1.0.2, all our server Master(clustered 2 nodes) and medias(7x).

We were having some 83 & 84 status and also some 50 that could not be deleted. This seems to be resolved.

Now we have some Backup and Image Cleaning JOBs that never end, and after some time (not sure but like 24hours and more) JOB state goes to UNKNOWN. We have one JOB running for 6 days, it does nothing, it can't be canceled .... none of this JOBs can be deleted or Canceled.

Could this be the new 50 status?! Don't show 50 but show UNKNOWN :(

see attach file for example.

Thank you all for your ideas.

Malak

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Glad to have helped.

Unfortunately the answer to your question still remains that you need down time to sort this out.

So if at all possible schedule in a little downtime (we do it on a Friday afternoon ready for the weekends full backups) to do some tidying up.

Our managed account does over 7000 jobs a day but we do get them fast enough to give us a clear window on a Friday afternoon - if possible to tidy up any orphaned jobs (thought this is pretty rare, probably as we keep it in good health) but mainly to make sure after a bpdown on all Master / Media Servers that there are no bptm, bpbrm or bpdbm processes left hanging about.

This in general gives us a 99.95% success rate on jobs - not too bad for 7000 a day - and usually any failures are not actually NetBackup related.

Hope you can find a way to make this possible

• Normally after lunch is the quietest time, only 12 or 15 jobs are running, this is the time to get some DB admins less satisfied with me, but, I'm ok with that, it for their one good.... :)

Friday, we did stop it and, make sure everything will be OK for weekend. At least no jobs were hanged.

I believe that we still need to do some tuning on the solution, but as it is still under implementation, our focus was not on this… maybe this will have to be done earlier than we thought.

Thank again for your tips.

• Great - dont forget that if you are happy with a solution in the thread to mark it as a Solution to close off the thread

Thanks