Forum Discussion

curcloin
Level 4
9 years ago

Netbackup 7.7 SLP and Vault

I'm starting a small Netbackup environment and have a requirement to store data offsite for 90 days.  I'm having a hard time understanding the Vault process to move tapes offsite.  I have configured ...
    9 years ago

Hi,

Vault does catalog backups, duplications and ejects (and reports).

SLP does duplications.

You can choose to perform ejects by Vault if you want, but you wouldn't be using both SLP and Vault to do duplications.

9 years ago

Hello Curcloin,

you do not have to duplicate again through Vault again... 

in vault choose backups tab.. leave everying as default..( hopefully you do not have mulitple valting requirements) and

make sure backup started area in choose backup tab is covered atleast 2 of your vault cycles.. if you are running vault once in a week.. keep between 14 days to 0 days

if you are plannign to run value every day.. keep atleast 7 days to 0 days. for safe side.

then move to Eject tab. and add the value pool that you have selected in SLP duplication opertions (mn_tapes.......) (considring this volume pool is only selected for 90 days duplications, if that is not the case retenctions or policies needs to select from choose backups tab)

then move to reports tab and select what ever the reprots that you are looking.

done

you can tirgger the vault job manaully and see if that is working as expected.