Forum Discussion

SYMAJ
Level 6
10 years ago

Netbackup AIR - restricting REPLICATION jobs

I have a situuation whereby the link between two NBU sites / domains has been inactive for some time, and the link has now been upgraded and is available again.

I suspended secondary operations on the SLP's in the primary site during this period, and as a result now have a couple of thousand images awaiting replication to the secondary site.

Before I re-enable the secondary operations on the SLP's I want to ensure that I don't have hundreds of replicaton jobs starting at once, as I have seen this in the past and the system becomes unresponsive.

How can I limit the amount of replication jobs that will be submitted as I want to limit this to a manageable number (say 20 concurrent).  I know I can limit the amount of streams on the Storage Server / Disk Pool, but I am afraid that the replications will all kick in and the backups will not have any available streams to work with.

Bottom line - I want to continue to allow my backups to run but also have a limited number of replication jobs running concurrently allongside them.

Any input appreciated.

AJ

13 Replies